Trade & Press Hub
Weddings & Events
British Virgin Islands
Why work for Virgin Limited Edition?
Our people work hard but never forget to have fun while they are doing it! We believe in treating our people with respect, looking after them and allowing them the freedom to be themselves and flourish.
You’re in luck! We’re currently recruiting for a number of positions.
Remember to read the job description carefully before sending your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org unless otherwise specified.
Virgin Limited Edition - Group Health and Safety Manager
Virgin Limited Edition is an award-winning collection of unique retreats, chosen for their beautiful locations and magnificent surroundings. Each offers a sense of fun, style, luxury and exceptional personal service.
The group includes Necker Island and Moskito Island in the Caribbean’s British Virgin Islands; Kasbah Tamadot in Morocco; The Lodge in Verbier, Switzerland; Necker Belle, a 105 foot luxury catamaran; Mahali Mzuri, a tented safari camp in Kenya; Son Bunyola in Mallorca, Spain; Ulusaba Private Game Reserve and Mont Rochelle Hotel and Mountain Vineyard in South Africa.
This is a newly created role to implement Health and Safety and Security policies, support and advise each of the properties, as well as to develop further Virgin Limited Edition’s safety strategy and management systems. One of the key aspects is to identify and understand the sustainability requirements of the properties and to put the relevant processes in place. In line with the aimed growth of the group, training and development and health and safety awareness will be a main focus.
This role will report into the Group Operations Director of Virgin Limited Edition and will work closely with the Group Properties Manager, Group Operations Manager, Operations Support Executive, General and Deputy Managers on property, and Group Training & Development Manager. Frequent travel to the properties will be required.
For more information check out www.virginlimitededition.com
• Minimum of 4 years’ experience in a similar role
• Knowledge and understanding of fire risk assessment and fire safety, legionella control, leisure activities, contractor management and CDM Regulations
• Health & Safety Diploma (NEBOSH, NCRQ or NVQ Level 5)
• Level 4 Award in Managing Food Safety
• Development and implementation of audit techniques to check on compliance levels
• Experience in a relevant Health and Safety role in multi-site work environment
• Up to date knowledge of UK Health and Safety legislation and best practice
• Knowledge and understanding of correct/relevant PPE and safety equipment
• Food related experience is preferred but not essential
• Experience of carrying out accident investigations, inspections, audits and risk assessments
• Competence in the development and implementation of practical and achievable safety management systems
• Experience of coaching and developing senior team members
• Excellent communication skills are essential
• Adaptable management style
• Diplomatic approach
• Discreet and confidential
• Good business acumen
• Supportive/ helpful style of operating
• Able to be assertive when required
• Strong team player
• Guest focussed
• Ability to influence and persuade
• Plan and organise effectively
• Strong attention to detail
• Proactive and works under own initiative and also team orientated
• Make decisions, take appropriate action and meet deadlines
• Work well under pressure – whilst still smiling!
• Sense of humour is essential
• Passionate about hospitality and customer service with an ability to develop relationships across all areas of the business, including hotel operators, support office, H&S safety consultants, etc.
• Confidentiality is essential as access to both personal data and commercially sensitive information is part of the role.
• Understand all Health & Safety and Security group procedures and work closely with the teams to refine systems in place so as to meet both group standards and policies as well as local legislation
• Develop practical, effective and achievable health and safety management systems that ensure protection for the businesses and the people working within them, and our guests
• Undertake on-property Health and Safety risk assessment reviews and audits, ensuring compliance (against the Virgin Limited Edition Group H&S Manual, local territory H&S legal requirements, relevant industry standards so far as is practicable and achievable), and feeding results back to VLE Directors
• Identify risks and develop standards, and support property teams with implementation and execution
• Ensure staff receive suitable training and education for Health and Safety roles they undertake. Lead, teach and support the acquisition of this training and education in all ways necessary
• Support projects as required, in the planning, execution and snagging phases, advising to ensure that due consideration and inclusion of Health and Safety, especially with contractor management
• Work with external parties (such as local territory service and activity providers) in a timely and appropriate fashion to ensure legal compliance, and ensure that any relevant insurance policy requirements are met
• Occasionally working and staying away from home whilst supervising specific projects
• Undertake specific projects as required
• Competitive Salary
• Performance based bonus, with criteria, of up to 20% of gross salary
• Hours as required
• 20 days annual holidays + Bank Holidays
• Additional day off for birthday
• Tribe Discount Scheme
• Season ticket loan
• From the first day of your employment with us you will be eligible to join our group personal pension scheme. We will match your pension contributions up to 5%
• We will contribute 50% towards private healthcare after 12 months service & then 100% after 2 years’ service
• One of the nicest teams you could ever wish to join!
How It Works
Our properties are located all over the globe and our recruiting policy is to recruit as locally as possible and give back to our communities by offering training and employment. Additionally, most countries we operate in have work permit restrictions which mean that permits can only be obtained when there is no suitable local candidate for the role.
Once you've sent your covering letter and CV successfully, you'll receive an email confirmation. Whilst for some of you the journey will stop here, if you’ve caught our attention our team will contact you regarding the next steps.
Send Us Your CV